About this program
The Queensland Healthier. Happier. Workplaces initiative supports employers to create a work environment that:
- improves the health and wellbeing of employees
- increases business productivity
- enhances workplace culture.
Queensland businesses can use the information on this website to learn more about workplace health, set up effective programs and access a wide range of resources for your employees – including tips and information to help them plan their personal health and wellbeing journey.
Funded by the Queensland Government and overseen by the Department of Health, the Queensland Healthier. Happier. Workplaces initiative promotes health across Queensland workplaces.
The initiative aims to:
- better integrate healthy lifestyles and employee wellbeing into the workplace culture
- acknowledge and recognise the efforts of organisations already making a commitment to better employee health.
The initiative rewards organisations committed to making their workplaces healthier. Queensland organisations of all sizes and industries are making their mark in the workplace health and wellbeing space. Find out more about some of the organisations who have already received Healthier. Happier. Workplaces recognition.
- healthy eating
- physical activity
- healthy weight
- quitting smoking
- reducing harmful alcohol consumption.
- mental health and wellbeing
- sun safety.
The Queensland Healthier. Happier. Workplaces initiative was previously known as Workplaces for Wellness.
The Queensland Department of Health is working in partnership with other government agencies, health organisations and workplaces to encourage everyone to adopt healthy lifestyles.
Queensland Healthier. Happier Workplaces initiative strategies
- Healthy Worker Initiative
Workplace Health and Safety Queensland
- Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service
Department of Health
- 10,000 Steps
Central Queensland University
We acknowledge contributions from:
- Alcohol and Drug Foundation
- Cancer Council Queensland
- Central Queensland University
- CheckUP Australia (formerly General Practice Queensland)
- Department of Health
- Department of Transport and Main Roads
- Diabetes Association Queensland
- Health and Productivity Institute of Australia
- Heart Foundation Queensland
- Local Government Association of Queensland
- National Stroke Foundation
- Nutrition Australia Queensland
- Peak employer groups
- The Public Service Commission
- Queensland workplaces
- World Health Organisation
- Workplace Health and Safety Queensland—Office of Industrial Relations.