There are many websites, resources and research to support the benefits of workplace wellness.
Here you will find some useful information for your workplace wellness program.
Queensland Government websites
- A Better Choice—information about healthy food choices at work.
- Get Healthy Information and Coaching Service—free phone health information and coaching service to help Queenslanders change their lifestyle.
- Queensland Health—hospital and health services for Queenslanders.
- Quit Smoking—provides information, advice and support on how to quit smoking. It promotes the Workplace Quit Smoking Program.
- Sun Safety—information about sun safety at work, skin cancer, UV levels as well as a comprehensive sun safe image library.
- Workplace Health and Safety Queensland—information about workplace health and safety matters in Queensland
- Healthier. Happier.—are you as fit as you think? Discover your health and fitness age.
Other Queensland websites
- 10,000 Steps—the 10,000 Steps workplace program aims to increase the use of pedometers to monitor daily physical activity levels.
- Cancer Council Queensland
- Diabetes Australia Queensland
- Alcohol—information about alcohol-related health issues.
- beyondblue—provides support, advice and resources on depression.
- Workplace Health Association Australia—the peak body of corporate wellness providers in Australia.
- Healthy Workers Initiative—Australian Government information on workplace health and wellbeing.
- Healthy@work—Tasmanian Government initiative to promote health and wellbeing of State Service employees.
- Heart Foundation Workplace Wellness—about workplace wellness programs.
- Lung Foundation Australia—a national organisation which supports research, develops educational factsheets, trains health professionals and undertakes community activity around Australia.
- Nutrition Australia—non-profit, community organisation aimed at promoting health and wellbeing.
- SANE Australia—a national charity helping Australians affected by mental illness to lead a better life.
- Shape Up Australia—Australian Government initiative to help Australians reduce their waist measurements and improve their overall health and wellbeing. This site includes healthy eating templates and posters.
- WayAhead Workplaces—promotes mental health and wellbeing and provides an information and referral service, anxiety support and self-help groups.
- WorkSafe Victoria—the Victorian Government workplace health and safety program.
- Singapore Health Promotion Board: The Workplace Health Promotion Programme
- Wellness Council of America
- World Health Organization
Wellness resources and research